Part 145: Aircraft Metallic Structure : Modification, Inspection and Repair, Level 1 Fundamental Basic Aircraft Metallic Skills Training: Learning by Doing
This metallic course has been developed as a starting point to meet the knowledge and skill requirements of an aircraft sheet metal worker. The participant will develop the basic practical skills and will have the understanding of sheet metallic structures fabrication, inspection and repairs and be able to manufacture aircraft metallic parts, inspections and repairs to aircraft structures in compliance with the manufacturers documentation and other acceptable or approved repair data and technical drawings.
- Training Locations: Netherlands, Singapore or Customer Location.
- Course ID: ATS0200
- Course Duration: 15 Working days.
- Prerequisites: Prior metallic experience or training is not required.
- Certification: Certifcate of Achievement, from an EASA approved training organisation.
EASA 147- Certification:
Upon succesful completion the particpant will receve a:
- Certificate of Achievement, from an EASA 147 approved training organisation.
- A task logbook, signed by the tasks that are completed during the course.
- The deatailed course outline.
(note: we have learned from the past, we provide all the information needed to make sure the comapny have all the documentation in case of an audit)
Classroom: 5 hours.
Introduction to Aircraft Metallic Structures.
Personal Safety and Environment.
Handling & Storage of Sheet Metal.
Aircraft Metallic Repair and Facility Tools.
Riveting of Aircraft Solid Shank Rivets.
Machining of Sheet Metal.
Cold Forming: Bending.
Cold Forming: Slip Roll Forming.
Practical: Learning by Doing 70 hours.
- Repair material selection and preparation
- Scratch and damage prevention
- Marking and layout process
- Drilling and countersinking
- Dimple and countersink method
- Forming aluminium and joggle
- Mould making (form blocks)
- Riveting processes
- Fastening processes (permanent and temporary fasteners)
- Annealing rivets
- Protective coatings classification and applications
- Paint removal
- Sealant classification and applications
- Skin Patch Repair.
- Frame Repair.
- Stringer Repair.
- Leading Edge Skin Flush Repair.
- Metallic Part Assembly and Replacement.
This course complies with guidelines of:
- Structural Repair Manual.
- ATA 104 Level IV Objectives Par. 4.
Download the detailed course outline below.
Warning: Undefined array key "file" in /home/acrats-training.com/public_html/pages/training.php on line 67
Download Course Outline (PDF)
Learn how to manufacture metallic aircraft parts and learn how to assemble it into aircraft structure assembly.
Perform modification, inspection and repairs on real metallic aircraft components and aircraft metallic structures.
This course is designed for technicians, engineers, inspector and all other personal involved in the manufacturing, maintenance and repair of aircraft metallic components and structures.
Experience or training is not required.
To gain practical skills and fundamental theoretical knowledge and understanding of metallic aircraft structure. Perform modifications, inspection and repair of aircraft metallic structures and components.