Foreign Object Debris (FOD), Awareness and Damage Prevention The damage caused by FOD is estimated to cost the aerospace industry $4 billion a year!
€ 45 ex VATFollow this Training
Foreign object debris (FOD) at airports includes any object found in an inappropriate location that -- as a result of being in that location -- can damage equipment or injure airplane or airport personnel.
The resulting damage is estimated to cost the aerospace industry $4 billion a year. Airports, airlines, and airport tenants can reduce this cost by taking steps to prevent airport FOD.
FOD includes a wide range of material, including loose hardware, pavement fragments, catering supplies, building materials, rocks, sand, pieces of luggage, and even wildlife.
FOD is found at terminal gates, cargo aprons, taxiways, runways, and run-up pads. It causes damage through direct contact with airplanes, such as by cutting airplane tires or being ingested into engines, or as a result of being thrown by jet blast and damaging airplanes or injuring people.
Upon completion of this advanced online training course, the students will be able to work with the Structural Repair Manual and will be able to:
- Explain the definition of Foreign Object Debris;
- Explain then of Foreign Object Damage;
- Understand the examples of Foreign Object Debris;
- Explain the impact caused of FOD;
- Understand what the impact of FOD is or can be;
- Explain what can happen when FOD is ignored;
- FOD related accidents and incidents.
- Explain what can be done to ensure a FOD free work environment.
- Explain the various manners of FOD detection;
- Understand the way of conducting a visual inspection to detect FOD.
- Explain the various ways that can be used to remove Foreign Object Debris.
- Explain how a FOD incident or occurrence, or potential incident should be documented and which further action should be taken.
- Explain the regulations regarding FOD prevention;
- Know his/Her responsibilities for FOD prevention;
- Explain the rules and requirements regarding tooling;
- Explain the meaning of the FOD management program;
- Deal with visitors regarding FOD;
- Deal with other, related, improvement programs.
2 hours and 04 minutes.
- Video Presentation;
- Voice Over.
Methods and Conception:
- Everyone can manage the learning pace and learning duration depending on each person possibilities.
- You can choose perfect timing and comfortable place with internet access.
- Internet access;
- Able to read technical aviation English language.
Unlimited size for online training
During this advanced online training course, interactive questions are asked, seeking that students better understand course material.
On the end of this training course (100% completion of the course) there will be a "multiple choice questions examination".
Pass mark – 75% or more.
One (1) re-examination possible after failing the first attempt (if both attempts failed, full course has to be completed again).
Upon successful completion of this advanced online training course (75% or more), participants will receive their certificate online and can be downloaded.
Euro 45, - Euro, including 21% TAX.
All airport and airline personnel and airport tenants should receive training in the identification and elimination of FOD, including the potential consequences of ignoring it. TFOD training for flight crews includes following the recommended procedures identified in the Flight Crew Operating
This course is developed for:
- all personnel that have access to flight line;
- maintenance personell;
- fabrication areas.
To minimize the damage caused by FOD.
FOD has the potential to damage an aircraft during critical phases of flight, which can lead to catastrophic loss of life and airframe, and at the very least increased maintenance and operating cost, and dissatisfied passengers in case of any delays.