EWIS: Target Group 4, Continuation This mandatory online continuation EWIS course covers all the theoretical training for Modules A, C,D and E as set out in AMC 20-22, Annex III to ED Decision 2008/007/R of 29/08/2008 and FAA AC. 120-94.
€ part of subscription ex VATFollow this Training
The aviation industry is continuously improving when it comes to safety. As bad as it is, lessons are learned with every incident or accident, big or small.
The cause of it is analyzed and procedures are drawn up or changed on the basis of this. One of the results of such an analysis can be that there is a need for training, to create or increase awareness for a certain matter for example. one such training is EWIS: Electrical Wiring Interconnection System.
Target Group 4 Learning Goals:
Upon completion of this advanced online training course, the students will know:
Module A, General EWIS Practices:
- Know the safety procedures of normal and non-normal maintenance procedures so that the person can protect himself/herself and the aeroplane.
- Recognize ESDS equipment and demonstrate standard anti-static procedures so that no damage occurs to that equipment.
- Know the removal and replacement techniques so that no damage will occur to the LRU or aeroplane connector.
Module C, Inspections:
- Know the different types of inspections: General Visual Inspection (GVI), Detailed Inspection (DET), Zonal Inspection and Enhanced Zonal Analysis Procedure (EZAP).
- Know the criteria and standards of inspection so that you know which tools are used to ensure inspection procedures and standards are achieved, which leads to all defects being found.
- Zonal inspection requirements related to system affiliation and environmental conditions.
- Recognize typical wiring system damage, such as hot gas, fluid contamination, external mechanically induced damage, chafing, corrosion, signs of overheating of wire, wire bundles, connective and control device assemblies.
Module D, Housekeeping:
- Recognize external contamination and other damage due to external environmental conditions.
- Know the aeroplane internal contamination sources so that inspection processes can be effectively carried out and contamination damage easily recognized.
- Recognize other possible contamination sources.
- Know the planning procedures to be followed, on EWIS areas in different parts of the aeroplane.
- Know the protection procedures and processes to protect the EWIS during maintenance and repair.
- Know the process of cleaning wiring systems during maintenance and repair.
Module E, Wire:
- Know typical damage that can be found;
- Know the correct installation practices for electrical bonds and grounds.
2 hours and 10 minutes.
- Video Presentation;
- Voice Over.
Methods and Conception:
- Everyone can manage the learning pace and learning duration depending on each person possibilities.
- You can choose perfect timing and comfortable place with internet access.
- Technical English.
- Internet access;
- Able to read technical aviation English language.
During this advanced online training course, interactive questions are asked, seeking that students better understand course material.
On the end of this training course (100% completion of the course) there will be a "multiple choice questions examination".
Pass mark – 75% or more.
One (1) re-examination possible after failing the first attempt (if both attempts failed, full course has to be completed again).
Upon successful completion of this advanced online training course (75% or more), participants will receive their certificate online and can be downloaded.
Prepare the student so he/she will be able to demonstrate continuing compliance as given by AMC 20-22, Annex III to ED Decision 2008/007/R of 29/08/2008 and FAA AC. 120-94.
This courses is developed for: All qualified staff performing general maintenance/ inspections not involving wire maintenance (LRU change is not considered wire maintenance).
Following this training programme will improve the awareness and skill level of aviation personnel in EWIS production, modification, maintenance, inspection, alterations and repair. This training programme promotes a philosophy of training for all personnel who come into contact with aeroplane EWIS as part of their job and tailors the training for each workgroup to their particular needs.