Part 145- Aircraft Radome Inspection and Repair Repair Aircraft Radomes as a professional!
€ 1720 ex VATDownload Course Outline (PDF)
This course is specially designed for who intend to become certified as aircraft radome repair technicians.
Person(s) who successfully complete this aircraft radome repair training program are considered to be able to perform inspection and bonded repairs to the radome structures in compliance with the manufacturers repair documentation or other acceptable repair data.
- Training Locations: Netherlands, Singapore or at Customer Location.
- Course ID: ATS0105.
- Course Duration: 5 Working days.
- Prerequisites: Advanced Composite Program Level 2 or equivalent
- Learning Hours:
- Classroom: 4.5 hours.
- Online Learning: 5.5 hours.
- Practical Hours: 34 hours
Course Module Overview:
- Introduction to Aircraft Radomes.
- Description and Operations.
- Aircraft Radome Cleaning.
- Source Documents OEM.
- Aircraft Radome Inspection/ check.
- Written Test.
- Hands-on Excercises.
- Practical Assessment.
Learning by Doing.
- Introduction to composite repairs.
- Manufacturing and repair: monolithic panel lay-up using using dry glass cloth and liquid epoxy resin materials; symmetric and asymmetric laminates. Vacuum bagging with varied bleeder/breather sequences to evaluate resin bleed and flow characteristics.
- Modification according engineering drawing on monolithic panel.
- Sandwich panel layup, bagging and processing of nested glass and aramid fiber fabric foam and honeycomb core panel.
- Composite repair: damage removal, scarf preparation, core and skin repair using wet layup materials and processes.
- Vacuum bagging using non-autoclave bleeder/breather schedules. Installation of pleats to minimize bridging in high-angle core transitions. Vacuum debulking, leak checking, and identification of other potential bagging problems.
This course complies with guidelines of:
AIR4844: Composites and Metal Bonding Glossary.
AIR5719: Teaching Points for an Awareness Class on "Critical Issues in Composite Maintenance and Repair".
AIR629: Guidelines for Repair Process Evaluation of Aluminum Bonded Structure.
ARP6262: Basic Composite Repair Technician Certification Standard.
FAA and EASA Publications:
- Part 147 EASA.
- AMC 20-29: Composite Aircraft Structure.
- FAA AC 20-107B: Composite Aircraft Structure.
- FAA AC 65-33: Development of Training/ Qualification Programs for Composite Maintenance Technicians.
- FAA AC 43-214: Repairs and Alterations to Composite and Bonded Aircraft Structure.